To launch its first-ever virtual Diverse Vendor Symposium, the DNC’s DEI team sought the expertise of JDC for event design, content development, and technical production. The Diverse Vendor Symposium provided a forum to discuss equal opportunity and share information about contracting processes and opportunities within the DNC, DGA, DSCC, and DCCC. Participants could also network with one another and inform the Committees of needs particular to diverse vendors. To achieve a structure conducive to open dialogue, JDC varied the format and type of sessions offered. Sample styles included:
- Keynote: Meet the Committees: Who We Are and What We Do
- Breakout: Vendor Testimonials: Sharing Our Stories – Contracting with the DNC – Selected current vendors speak to participants about their experience contracting with the respective committees
- Panel: Sharing Feedback – Attendees shared with Committees their input on better incorporating equal opportunity among diverse suppliers.
- DE&I Lunch Lounge: Attendees selected their lounge of interest while enjoying lunch and learned about DE&I topics such as how to begin the conversation around DE&I in the workplace and how to get NMSDC-certified.
- 1:1 Conversation: Vendors had a chance to speak 1:1 to Committees’ DE&I staff.