09 Nov Job Opening: Project Support Specialist (Full Time, Remote)
Minority, woman-owned events management firm is seeking a results-driven Project Support Specialist (remote) to join our team. This role will primarily support programs for government contracts. This is a full-time position reporting to the Chief Operating Officer. Travel is required.
What You’ll Do
- Manage and support meeting and event details to meet client objectives.
- Digital event component sourcing and management – fully virtual and/or hybrid • Manage client projects ranging in size from 10-10,000 attendees
- Exhibits management for client participation in tradeshows.
- Manage all aspects of site selection including site research, visits, contract review/negotiation. • Draft timelines, work plans and budgets; develop meeting minutes, evaluations and final reports • Participate in client meetings.
- Source suppliers and service providers for client events; manage supplier team • Onsite management of client activities
What You’ve Done
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience managing client programs is required
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality, communications, or related field
- Some experience managing government (directly for) meetings and events required • Possess understanding of per diems and FAR clauses
- Proven ability to review and negotiate hotel and supplier contracts
- Solid written and verbal communications skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; strong PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Working knowledge of online registration systems, social media, and other event planning technologies.
- CMP and/or CGMP preferred
- Government meeting planning experience is a definite plus.
- Experience in project management on Wrike is a definite plus.
What You’re Like:
- Thrive on autonomy and excel in collaboration
- Exceptional customer service skills; client-first approach
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Passionate about your work; event industry
- Proactive, self-starter
- Authentic and accountable
Submit cover letter and salary requirements with resume to Kara Dao – [email protected]