09 Nov Job Opening: Senior Project Manager, Events
We are looking for an independent, results-driven Senior Project Manager, Events, to join our collaborative client services team. The Project Manager will interface with clients to successfully communicate their values through digital, live and hybrid events. This position will manage a variety of events and work collaboratively across the team. This is a full-time position reporting to the Chief Operating Officer. Candidates must be in the DC/MD/VA region due to potential local onsite future work. Travel required.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and implement creative digital solutions to meet client objectives
- Manage details such as speaker onboarding, production, content management, registration, exhibits and sponsorships
- Design, develop and communicate the digital journey mapping process
- Draft timelines, work plans and budgets; develop evaluations and final reports
- Lead client meetings, guiding clients through the planning process.
- Contribute to building budgets, conducting research and specifying for new business as needed. • Onsite management of digital and live client events (which may include a weekend) • Negotiate supplier/provider contracts and manage supplier services for clients
- Manage the updating of best practices and standard operating procedures for client projects • Act as team leader across multiple projects.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience leading event programs from start to finish
- Experience working on behalf of government meetings
- Moderate Security clearance preferred
- Experience managing corporate, non-profit or association meetings, exhibitions and events • Proven ability to review and negotiate venue & supplier contracts
- In-depth knowledge of event production (e.g. sound, lighting, decor) and supplier management • Exceptional written, verbal communications and customer service skills; client-first approach • Bachelor’s degree in hospitality, communications, business or related field required • Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; strong PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Working knowledge of online registration systems, social media, and other event planning technologies • Certified Meeting Professional (CMP), Certified in Exhibitions Management (CEM) and Certified Government Meeting Professional (CGMP), Digital Event Strategist preferred
Who You Are:
- Strong, fearless work ethic, enthusiasm, and positive attitude
- Proactive, curious, self-starting innovator
- Collaborative worker who can also work independently
- Flexible and open to change
- Proactive and decisive leader
What’s in It for You
- Competitive salary
- Competitive health benefits and retirement savings plan
- Flexible work environment
- Excellent Paid Time Off – including your birthday
JDC Events is an equal opportunity employer; Minorities/Women/Disability/Vet.
Jennifer D. Collins is the founder, President, and CEO of JDC Events. She is a Certified Meeting Professional (CMP), Digital Events Strategist (DES) and well known events industry thought leader. She is Vice Chair of the Board for WBEC Metro NY and WBEC Greater DMV, a member of the Women’s Presidents Organization (WPO), and the Author of Events Spark Change: A Guide to Designing Powerful and Engaging Events.